Port Orange Life Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Port Orange Life Forum

Forum to discuss life in the city of Port Orange, Florida

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assisted Living Facilities

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Assisted Living Facilities Empty
PostSubject: Assisted Living Facilities   Assisted Living Facilities EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 5:40 am

No After listening to the scanner for months now I am realizing that a extremely large number of call go out to the assisted living facilities in this city. Now call me stupid but with the obscene amount of money these facilities charge people to take care of our loved ones, am I thinking wrong by saying that I do not believe that we should be committing the resources of our fire and rescue every time someone falls out of bed. I am requesting the city DEMAND that these facilities hire and staff the necessary medical personnel to deal with the emergencies that may arise from caring for people with medical needs. If not then a charge needs to be applied every time they call the fire dept for any medical needs. These places get PAID to take care of the elderly. Damn it! Take care of them. I would hate to think that soemone who is in need of medical attention due to some accident is going to have to spare a few minutes because one of our engines is dealing with something that the highly paid assisted living facility should have staff to deal with. What does $3.000 a month get you anyway? It is time we started holding these places accountable for all that money. If a facility has 200 residents at $3.000 a piece?
$600.000 a MONTH! and they still need to use city resources? Really? affraid $7 MILLION a year. You get the picture right? Something to think about. I will find out exactly how this works and how many times the POFD has responded to these facilities. I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://portorangelife.com

Assisted Living Facilities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Port Orange Life Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: